How do I reset my password?
Go to the Bowdon Hockey Club website and select the link ‘Lost your password’ at the bottom of the sign-in window.
If you don’t remember your user ID, please contact Nancy Driver for confirmation.
To update your availability on ClubBuzz, log in via the Bowdon Hockey Club Buzz website.
If you know you are not available to play on certain dates
Underneath your profile, you will see the sections ‘Guardians’, ‘Match Selections’, ‘Sports’ and ‘Omissions’. Select the green ‘Add Omission’ button and enter any non-availability on the ‘New omission’ screen. To finish, press the green ‘Create omission’ button on the right-hand side.
If you have previously responded ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ to a match selection request and need to change your status
In the ‘Match Selections’ section of your profile screen, click on the match that you need to amend your status for. On the ‘Edit match selection’ screen, amend ‘Your response’ and press the green ‘Update response’ button on the right-hand side to finish. Please also let your team manager know if you change your status less than 48 hours prior to a match to make sure that they are aware.
How to set up payment preferences and a GoCardless Direct Debit?
(This particular fee structure is currently only applicable to players in school years 7 – 13; however, younger players can follow the same instructions to set up fee payments for Bowdon Minis and Bowdon Bears – details of those fees can be found here)
Log in to the player’s member profile on the Bowdon Hockey Club Buzz website.
– Click on ‘My Account’ in the menu on the lower left-hand side of the screen.
– On the right, under ‘Account Settings’, select the blue ‘Edit Settings’ dialogue box, setting your ‘Pay Subs Monthly’ category to one of the following two options:
1) To pay the Annual Junior Hockey Fee of £120 in five consecutive instalments of £25.50 (a surcharge of £1.50 per instalment is applied by the system), set ‘Pay Subs Monthly’ to ‘YES’ by ensuring that the corresponding box is ticked.
2) To pay the Annual Junior Hockey Fee of £120 in full as one single payment, set ‘Pay Subs Monthly’ to ‘NO’ by unchecking the corresponding tick box.
– Then activate your GoCardless direct debit mandate in the next step (this will set the direct debit activation status under ‘Account Settings’ to ‘YES’).
To finish, press the green ‘Update Settings’ button at the bottom right of the screen.
Any changes made always need to be confirmed by pressing the green ‘Update settings’ button.
Please contact Heike Addiscott for any questions on payment preferences or the GoCardless direct debit payment process.
GoCardless direct debit mandates are now widely used by sports clubs; if there is ever any doubt about which provider has collected a direct debit from your bank account, check the merchant ID associated with the transaction (by date in the direct debit section of your online banking access or at your local bank branch):
Bowdon Hockey Club BOWDONHOCKEY-[personal reference]
Bowdon Cricket Hockey & Squash Club (the ‘overall’ Bowdon Club) BOWDONCRICKE-[personal reference]
To check the balance outstanding on a ClubBuzz account, go to the following menu option (top or left-hand side of the screen):
‘My account’/’Recent transactions’/’Balance from previous period’ is the amount owed and to be settled (never transactions will be covered by the statement issued on the 15th of each month). Select ‘Make payment’ to settle by debit/credit card or put a direct debit mandate in place to settle fees automatically.
Please remember that we are all volunteers working on behalf of the Club, so be patient and we’ll do our best to make this as easy and painless as possible!